Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Don't Rely on Your Spouse For Your Joy

So many times we allow our spouse to dictate who we are and how much joy we have in our lives. It is up to you to make a commitment that you are complete in Christ Jesus. Philipians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ you strengthens me." It does not say anything about your spouse.

It is not to say that you can not look to your spouse in times in difficulty or as a source of comfort. What it does mean is that you have Psalms 27:1 in your heart, mind, and spirit when it says, " The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life of whom shall I be afraid."

The Lord created joy for those that seek him first in all things. When you allow your spouse to dictate your attitude towards God you are failing to trust God. Psalms 37:4 says, "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." Focus on the plan that the Lord has for you. Understand that He will bless you, but it has to be on His time, not your time.

When times are tough find a scripture that touches you spiritually and post throughout locations that you can mediatate on it on a daily basis until it gets in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment